Microsoft accidentally revealed the data of its much awaited anniversary update on its blog post. Microsoft is expected to bring the new update to over 300 million Windows 10 users around the world on 2nd August. Although information about the Windows 10 anniversary update release was available for only a few minutes before it was taken off from the blog but many still managed to spot it.
Microsoft announced earlier this year that biggest updated bringing whole new set of improvements to Windows 10 experience since its launch will be released later this year, however, they didn’t specify any date for it. Insider Builds are being released thick and fast portending that the final launch is imminent.
Windows 10 anniversary update will be available to all Windows users who upgraded to the new OS when it was first launched back in July last year. What’s more, this update will be completely free with marked improvement in overall Windows 10 OS.
New changes expected to be the part of this update include Windows Hello feature, New features and support for Microsoft Edge, Windows Ink, Cortana improvements and much more. Windows Enterprise users will benefit from new security features to guarantee data safety. Also there is going to be a new Set Up School PCs app for the first time on any Windows version, which is designed to enable teachers to set devices in three easy steps with shared cart.
Also coming in the new version are new user-friendly performance tweaks and change and interface enhancements. Other changes include:
- Windows Defender Advanced threat Protection to detect and remove malicious threats
- More Security Features for the most secure Windows such as malware protections and Windows Hello for Enterprise version security
- Windows Information Protection to protect from business data leaks
- Windows Ink digital pen supporting features that allows users to write on the device like pen on a paper. It also has Office support, you can use digital pen to write office documents rather than typing them
- Improvements to Cortana makes world’s best personal digital assistant gets even more better with added ability to save, recall and sync information across multiple devices
- Increases power efficiency, extensions and accessibility with Microsoft Edge
- Better gaming experience with more deeply integrated Xbox support system.
All those who bought new PC with Windows 10 pre-loaded or upgraded from Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 last year will be eligible for free anniversary update on PC and laptops. Those who failed to capitalize on the offer will have to shed bucks to purchase new Windows 10 license.