WhatsApp is the world’s most used instant messaging app with almost a billion registered users. Catering to the needs of so many people forces developers to release constant update to fix bugs and improve the stability of the app. This latest WhatsApp Messenger APK 2.17.10 beta version was launched recently with new video calling feature and two-step verification for the first time in WhatsApp messenger. This latest WhatsApp 2.17.10 allows you to reply to specific messages in chat, tap & hold on any message and tap the reply button at the top of the screen, to go directly to the original message just tap quoted part of the message, and send or receive video calls (new feature in latest beta APK). With improved UI and enhanced end-to-end encryption, your messages are safer than ever before against hacking or leaks.
You can download WhatsApp messenger on Android and iOS devices from Google Play and Apple App Store. But these don’t include changes available in WhatsApp Apk hack file. Here you can download latest WhatsApp APK on Android devices to use new changes before widespread commercial release. These latest updates also include new performance improvement fixes.
WhatsApp APK Beta for Android:
In this new WhatsApp APK Beta 2.17.10 for Android, developers have finally released fully working video calling feature across all Android devices in all countries. If you have already subscribed to the beta update program of WhatsApp, you are in luck because in this update you can try new WhatApp video calling feature before the public release of the final updated version. Those who haven’t yet enrolled on the WhatsApp beta program can easily do so, as we are going to explain below.
WhatsApp Video Calling
WhatsApp beta users can now send or receive live video calls straight from within the app after installing the 2.17.10 beta, see the installation guide below.
How To Subscribe to WhatsApp Beta Channel:
If you still not enrolled on the WhatsApp beta update channel but wish to receive latest features pushed out by developers in WhatsApp before the public release, then here’s how you can enroll in WhatsApp beta.
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your device
- Open WhatsApp download page in Google Play Store
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Become a beta tester’ section
- Now tap ‘I’m IN’ button and wait for your enrollment to complete.
- If you don’t see the latest beta update download button after registering, then close Google Play Store, exit the app by closing it completely from the device’s multi-tasker. Now re-launch Google Play, open WhatsApp page and you will see the Update button there.
This method works for getting OTA beta updates, but not all beta updates are worth installing as they contain just minor bug fixes or something like that. So to manually control the WhatsApp beta updates on your device, and to pick and choose which beta update is worth installing, see the guide below for manually downloading WhatsApp Beta APK and installing it on your Android device.
What’s new in this update:
• Play videos right away without waiting for them to download first. Videos will still be downloaded to your phone as the video is playing. (Android 4.1+ and only works with videos sent from the latest version of the Android app)
• Introducing WhatsApp video calling. With free video calls, you can have face-to-face chats with your friends and family around the world. Data charges may apply. (requires Android 4.1+)
• You can now send and receive animated GIFs
WhatsApp Video Calling Activation Trick
If the video call feature is working on your device, here is something you can try to make it work.
- Backup WhatsApp chats and app data.
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Find WhatsApp and wipe out app data.
- Restart WhatsApp Messenger app and login again with your account details.
This should make video calling feature to work on your device. But first you need to install WhatsApp beta app version on your device. Here’s how.
Download and Install WhatsApp Messenger 2.17.10 APK for Android:
All you have to do is to follow these instructions given below:
1)- Uninstall the previous version of the app from your device. Backup previous version before deleting it.
2)- Download Apk file from the link below and save it on your device’s internal memory or SD card.
3)- Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources on your Android device. Make sure the ‘Unknown Sources’ option is checked to manually install the app
4)- Follow on-screen instructions to install downloaded Apk file.
5)- All done. Play latest updated bug free version of the app on Android devices.
WhatsApp 2.17.10 APK > > > APK