Here’s how to update Nexus 5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM to enjoy best features of the latest Nougat mobile firmware. Google has announced that the company will no longer roll out the official Android Nougat updates for the Nexus 5 device. But that doesn’t mean you cannot enjoy the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware features on Nexus 5. We have managed to find a fully working custom ROM named DarkROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware for Nexus 5 so that the users of the device never miss out on the latest Android Nougat features. See the steps in the guide below to learn how to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat DarkROM on Nexus 5.
Best Features Of Android 7.1.1 Nougat DarkROM
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat DarkROM comes with a few extra features over the spruced up CM14.1 ROM for Android. Developers behind DarkROM dumbed down version of the CM ROM packages to ensure that this new custom ROM brings fast, stable and consistent experience on Android devices. Moreover, if any of your favorite apps are missing in DarkROM for Nexus 5, you can install them manually by flashing zip file for that app later.
– [CAF ONLY] TrueSight kernel v4.3 builtin (With a few of my own tweaks)
– [CAF ONLY] DT2W in kernel settings (Beware, it will cause a big battery drain)
– Pixel Launcher (with the provided GAPPS package)
– Pixel animated navbar
– Pixel sounds
– Pixel accent colors
– Rounded icons
– Night Light
– Dark mode (notifications are still WIP)
– Choose between dialer and voice assistant in lockscreen
– Hide next alarm from expanded status bar and lockscreen
– Hide bluetooth icon when disconnected
– Longpress power button while screen off to trigger flashlight
– Volume steps
– Quick unlock pin/password
– Remove album art from lockscreen
– Date in status bar
– Smart pulldown
– Volume button controls media volume anywhere
– Change navbar height
– Screenshot tile
– Caffeine tile
– Sync tile
– Reboot/recovery tile
– Music tile
– Turn on/off mobile data with single click on collapsed quick settings
– Status bar ticker
– ViPER4Android builtin (working in Enforcing)
– [CAF ONLY] Synapse builtin
To know more about the features, tap on the official developer page.
Prerequisites For Installing Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM On Nexus 5
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 5: Settings > Applications, select Developer Options and tap on USB Debugging to enable the option.
- Make sure your PC has USB drivers for Nexus 5 installed.
- You device must be rooted.
- Make sure your device has a TWRP custom recovery installed on it.
- And finally make sure you device has more than 70% battery juice available before starting the process to prevent accidental shutdown during the flashing process mentioned below.
Download File For Install Android 7.1.1 Custom ROM On Nexus 5:
Click this link to download DarkROM for Nexus 5 on your PC.
How To Update Nexus 5 To Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM
1 – Connect your Nexus 5 to PC via USB cable.
2 – Copy the downloaded custom ROM file from PC to your Nexus 5.
3 – Unplug your device from PC and turn it off.
4 – To boot your device into the recovery mode, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously and release the keys when the recovery mode shows on the screen.
Note: In the recovery mode touchscreen doesn’t work, use volume keys to navigate and power key to make a selection.
5 – Now, in the TWRP recovery’s settings menu, select Wipe > Factory Reset to clear device’s memory.
6 – Go back to the TWRP settings menu and tap Install option, locate the DarkROM .zip firmware file from the device’s memory.
7 – In the recovery menu, tap Swipe to confirm flash option to confirm the installation process.
8 – Wait for the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM flashing process to complete.
9 – Once complete, reboot your device after which your Nexus 5 will open in a newly installed Android 7.1.1 ROM with latest features enabled.
10 – That’s all.
First reboot takes a little while, don’t panic, be patient and let it finish the process. You can now start enjoying latest and greatest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware with additional features of the DarkROM on your Nexus 5. If you device gets stuck in the bootoop, enter the TWRP main menu again and select Wipe cache/dalvik option.
You Might Also Like To Check Out: