Rooting and cracking smartphones linked with a mobile network is not a straight forward job. Rooting unlocked international and other versions not linked with any network is easier than those locked with mobile networks. Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge unlocked version got rooted soon after their release. Samsung Galaxy S7 devices that are locked with At&t, Verizon and other networks require bit of a workaround to crack them. Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were launched in February, 2016 and soon afterwards international versions got cracked and received TWRP recovery. Here you are going to learn how to root Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
Here we have explained a detailed guide using which you can Root At&t Galaxy S7 SM-G930A and Root At&t Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935A.
Make sure to take follow steps before starting the root process:
- This tutorial roots At&t Galaxy S7 G930A and At&t Galaxy S7 Edge G935A. Do not follow this method only any other mobile device or else it will be bricked.
- Go to Settings > General > About Device and note down your device’s model number.
- Make sure phone is fully charged or at least 70 % charged so that battery doesn’t die down during flashing process.
- You would need OEM data cable to connect mobile with computer.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your phone from the developers mode.
- Backup all phone data and content before rooting Galaxy devices. This way if anything goes wrong you could load the device back to current state.
- Uninstall/Close Samsung Kies, disable Windows Firewall and any Antivirus tool that you may have installed on PC.
Now follow the steps below as mentioned to prevent any damage to the device in case of wrong move. Now download following items:
Download SuperSU.zip and extract it, name the folder supersu. Copy supersu folder to C:/Program Files or Program Files x86/Minimal ADB and Fastboot. (This path only appears if you have installed drives from links given above)
How to Root At&t Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge:
1 – Download rooted boot.tar device from links above depending on your device model.
2 – Launch Odin.exe file that you downloaded from above link and extracted on PC.
3 – Turn off your mobile device. Press and hold home + power + volume down keys to open download mode on Galaxy S7 and/or S7 Edge device and connect it to PC.
4 – When you see ID:COM option on Odin in blue light it means that the phone is in download mode and connected to the PC.
5 – Now click AP tab in Odin and click on boot.tar file that you downloaded in step-1. Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have different boot.tar files so choose them according to your device model.
6 – Now hit the Start button to put Odin to work and flash rooted boot.tar file on your device after which phone will be rebooted automatically.
7 – Enable USB debugging on your device if you haven’t done it already.
8 – Launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe file or go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in installation drive and hold Shift key and right-click on an empty space to open command window. Now type in the following commands in the Command Window:
cd supersu and hit enter then type root.bat and press enter
9 – Now Galaxy S7/S7 Edge rooting process will begin. Wait for it to Finish.
10 – When the device is rooted, disconnect it from PC and restart it to finalize the changes.
If you have been asked to update SuperSU during the rooting process, simply ignore it and move forward. Thoughts? Let us know what you think in the comments section below to discuss any issue during rooting process.