Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 10.2 with recently released Yalu102 jailbreak exploit and Cydia Impactor. If you have been looking for an easy way to jailbreak your iOS 10.2 compatible iPhone or iPad, then you are at the right place.
We have already discussed what’s in-store for users in the latest Yalu102 Jailbreak for iOS 10.2 by Luca Tudesco in our previous post. To give you a quick idea about this Yalu102 iOS 10.2 jailbreak, we are going to highlight main aspects of this latest iOS 10.2 jailbreak. First, Yalu102 is very much in beta stage, which means it could contain bugs and some features may not work as expected. Second, this jailbreak exploit is semi-tethered, which means you will be required to re-jailbreak your device after every reboot. Furthermore, this Yalu102 jailbreak for iOS 10.2 works on all 64-bit iPhone device except iPhone 7 & 7 Plus with both devices are being tipped to get jailbreak support soon.
With conditions for making iOS 10.2 jailbreak work on your device out of the way, now let’s move ahead and see the process for jailbreaking Yalu102 compatible iPhone and iPad devices running on iOS 10.2 version.
How To Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Devices With Yalu102 Jailbreak Tool
There are some things that are needed to be performed before getting your device ready for installing Yalu102 Jailbreak and to make it work properly without any issues:
- This Yalu102 Jailbreak works only on iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone Touch 6th generation, all iPad 64-bit models running on iOS 10.0, 10.1.x and iOS 10.2 software.
- Download Yalu102 jailbreak IPA file for compatible devices running on iOS 10.2.
- Download Cydia Impactor from cydiaimpactor.com
- You need to have a working Apple developer ID, paid or free. You can apply for one from appleid.apple.com. One a free Apple ID you will have to re-jailbreak after every seven days by following the process from Step-2 onward in the guide below. While on Apple developer ID, you can keep on using jailbreak for up to a year before needing to re-jailbreak it using the method mentioned below.
- Latest iTunes software installed on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Make a complete backup of your device before jailbreaking it, so that you can restore to the previous working version in case something goes wrong during the jailbreak process below.
Steps To Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Devices Using Yalu102
1 – Connect your device which you wish to jailbreak to a Windows PC or MAC via USB cable or lightening cable that comes with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
2 – On your computer, launch Cydia Impactor.
3 – Now, drag and drop the Yalu102 IPA file to Cydia Impactor interface.
4 – Type in your Apple ID details on the Cydia Impactor tool when prompted.
5 – Now wait while the Cydia Impactor installs the Yalu102 jailbreak app onto your device.
6 – Once done, unplug your device from PC Windows or MAC.
7 – Next, on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, head over to Settings > General > Profile(s) & Device Management (or General > Device Management) and tap on the Trust button and hit Trust again when asked to authorize the certificate for the Yalu102 jailbreak app.
8 – Then, go to your device’s home screen and launch the Yalu102 jailbreak app. Hit OK on the message box to open the app.
9 – In the Yalu102 app, tap on Go and wait for a few seconds as it completes the setup process in the background. Ignore ‘Storage Almost Full’ and device respring prompts.
10 – Once completed, Cydia icon will appear on the home screen of your device.
11 – That’s all.
You have successfully managed to jailbreak your iOS 10.2 running device with Yalu102 jailbreak and Cydia. Re-jailbreaking your device after seven days on a free Apple ID (year for Apple Developer ID) using the process above from step-2 onward will keep all apps, settings, and tweaks already installed on your jailbroken iOS device as they were before the required period ended. For help, get in touch via comments below.
You might also like to read: