Google’s Android 8.0 Oreo is set to replace current Android 7.0 & 7.1 Nougat firmware on most Android devices sometime later this year. Even then, it’s not guaranteed that all Android OEMs will push Android 8.0 firmware for all devices. So, you may well remain a user of Android Nougat for some time to come. And to keep that in mind, Android developers have released an unofficial build of Xposed framework for Nougat OS. Do note that this Xposed Framework for Android Nougat is developed by the PurifyOS team and not the original Xposed developers, who are still working on giving final touches to the highly coveted Android customization tool.
Xposed Framework allows you to customize Android firmware and tweak it to perform the way you like. It comes with built-in Xposed modules and apps that you can use to make changes to the original stock or custom firmware by adding new elements to it. Xposed is popular among the fans of Android customization tools because of its large library of modules for device customization. If you want to learn how to install the unofficial build of Xposed on your Android 7.0 – 7.1 Nougat, follow the instruction in the guide below.
Before you Start:
- Your Android device must be rooted (here is how to root Android without losing warranty) and should have a custom recovery, such as TWRP, installed on it.
- Your device must be running on Android 7.0 Nougat or Android 7.1 Nougat firmware.
- Please note that Samsung and Huawei/Honor devices do not work with this unofficial Xposed framework for Nougat.
- Backup your device data. This is to be on a safe side if your device enters bootloop after flashing unofficial Xposed build or if certain apps stop working post framework installation.
- Also note that many of the Xposed modules will have to be updates after installing the unofficial framework build on your device.
- Magisk is not support by this framework build, for now. So, do not install Magisk. For those new to it, here is how Magisk works on Android.
- How To Install Xposed Framework On Any Android Device
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
- Install Xposed Framework On Android Marshmallow Devices
- Download And Install Xposed On Samsung Devices Running On Marshmallow/Lollipop Firmware
- Download Systemless Root and Install Systemless Xposed Framework on Android using Magisk
- Install Magisk Universal System Interface on Android
How to Install Unofficial Xposed Framework for Android Nougat
Step 1 – Download Xposed framework unofficial build for Android Nougat from the links shared below. Also download APK files from the links.
Step 2 – Move the downloaded files in the previous steps on to your device’s internal storage. Here is how to clean up storage if your device is running low on memory required to save downloaded files.
Step 3 – Now reboot your Android device into TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery installed on your device. Or download Quick Boot app from the Play Store.
Step 4 – In TWRP recovery, tap Install button and select the Xposed Framework installation .zip file from where you saved on the device in the second step above.
Step 5 – Wait for the zip file to finish flashing after which reboot your device.
Note: First reboot may take longer than usual, so be patient and don’t panic, nothing is wrong with your device. However, if your device enters into a bootloop, then boot your device into recovery mode once more and this time flash the uninstall .zip file to get rid of the framework.
Step 6 – When your device boots into the normal Android firmware successfully, open any file manager application and navigate to the folder where you saved the Xposed Framework installer APK. Install the installer APK like any other APK app on Android. Make sure to enable ‘Unknown Sources’ option in Settings > Security before flashing the APK file to avoid getting installation failure error.
Step 7 – To verify the successful installation of the Xposed framework, open the Xposed app from the device’s app drawer and go to the Framework section of the app to see the status.
Note: Remember that this is still an unofficial build of Xposed Framework for Nougat, and could contain bugs and performance issues. Moreover, a number of Xposed modules will need to be updated in order to make them work with Xposed for Nougat.
Step 8 – That’s it. Don’t forget to share this post with friends.
Xposed framework APK (by dvdandroid): LINK