Here’s how to Download and Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5 smartphone to unleash its full potential with root specific modification tweaks and tools. OnePlus 5 is the new Android powered flagship phone from OnePlus. It is available for purchase and those who are looking to Root OnePlus 5 can follow the instructions in this guide. Keep on reading to learn how to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5.
Method to install TWRP custom recovery on OnePlus 5 is simple as we are going to show you in this tutorial. Once the TWRP installation is complete, you can then flash SuperSU to root OnePlus 5. Follow the step-by-step guide below to Root OnePlus 5 and Install TWRP using recommended method.
This rooting method is made possible thanks to an XDA member xdvs23 who uploaded the unofficial TWRP for OnePlus5, which can then be used to Root and Install TWRP on OnePlus 5. Before starting the root process on OnePlus, check out amazing OnePlus 5 Stock Wallpapers.
Why Root OnePlus 5?
Rooting your Note 7 device has many advantages:
- After rooting the device you can use ad blocker app to block ads in free apps.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore deleted apps and data.
- Rooting gives your Super User privileges, which allows you to install custom ROM, recovery and Kernel to make the device run faster and smoother.
- It also prolongs battery life by automatically closing unused apps in the background.
- You can move applications from internal memory to external (microSD card) on a rooted device. A very useful feature that’s extremely handy on devices with a small internal memory.
- It allows you to remove default apps from your device.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom Firmware, recovery, ROMs and rooting Android device manually are highly custom processes that carry significant risk of damaging/bricking your device if the instructions are not followed exactly as mentioned. We will not be responsible for any damage to your device however low the chances of bricking the device maybe. Follow instructions carefully to prevent issues later.
- First of all, make sure to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 5. Here’s how to unlock OnePlus 5 bootloader.
- Backup device data as the process will erase existing data on your device.
- Make sure that battery is charged to over 60% level to avoid device shutdown during the process.
Download Files To Root OnePlus 5
- Download ADB and Fasboot drivers for Windows or ADB drivers for Mac. Leave if drivers are already installed.
- Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5. Rename TWRP file to recovery.img and move it to ADB and Fastboot folder on computer.
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip for OnePlus 5.
- Download latest SuperSU to root OnePlus 5. Move SuperSU to phone’s SD Card.
How To Root OnePlus 5 And Install TWRP Recovery
First, we will see how to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5. Then, use TWRP and SuperSu to root OnePlus 5 in the following steps.
Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5:
1 – Make sure USB Debugging and OEM unlocking are enabled on your device.
2 – Go to the ADB installation directory on your computer (place where you installed ADB drivers) and open the ADB folder. Then, press and hold Shift key + Right-click anywhere on an empty space inside the ADB folder and select Open command window here from the contextual menu.
3 – Connect your phone to computer and type the following command to reboot your device into Fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
4 – To ensure your device is properly connected to computer, type the following command and if it returns the device serial number on the command prompt screen, you are good to go:
5 – Now, type the following command in the prompt window and hit enter to install TWRP on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6 – Next, press the Power+Volume Down buttons on your device to boot into recovery mode or type the following command:
fastboot boot recovery.img
7 – Your device is now in the recovery mode, which means you can proceed to root it now.
Root OnePlus 5 – Steps:
8 – In the TWRP mode, select Never show this screen on boot again option and swipe to confirm change.
9 – From the main recovery mode menu, tap Install button and select no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip flashable zip file.
Note: If internal memory doesn’t show up on the screen, then go to Wipe section and tap Format Data, and select Yes, and move the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and SuperSu via MTP.
10 – Swipe to flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and then flash the SuperSu.
11 – Wait for the files to finish installing after which it will reboot.
12 – That’s all.
Congrats! You have successfully managed to Install TWRP and Root OnePlus 5. Now you can install root supported tweaks, tools, apps, and mods to unleash the power of your phone. For any further question regarding the root process, contact via comments section below.