Apple has officially released desktop OS update for MAC. You can download and install macOS 10.13 High Sierra final version for Mac desktop and laptop devices. Here’s everything you need to know.
Successor to macOS 10.12 Sierra is now available for download on compatible devices. Apple has delivered on its promise of rolling out final version of its highly anticipated macOS 10.13 High Sierra for public after months of pushing beta updates to developers. New update brings changes in photos app, Notes, Mail, Safari, and other apps on Mac. In addition, Siri gets better intelligence gathering for accurate and fast response. Spotlight search has also received better search recognition technology.
macOS High Sierra may not be as dramatic a shift in the working of MAC OS as in the past, but it does feature critical fixes and speed improvements that will surely improve user experience than the current main macOS 10.12 Sierra operating system.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 New Features:
Moreover, in macOS High Sierra, Apple is introducing its own file system for the first time. It is expected to get further support to augment reality on Mac apps in succeeding updates. In terms of visual changes there is not much to write home about. Mostly aesthetics have been kept the same as in the previous iterations of the Apple’s desktop OS. To give you a complete overview of everything new in macOS High Sierra, we have assembles a list of all its features below:
- Side bar for photos
- Support for GIFs in photos
- Improved photo organization features such as drop-down filtering to drop photos straight into an album
- Other changes in Photos include: move to another editor, live photos feature, new memories categories, etc.
- Publish books and websites using third-party companies
- Block auto-playing videos
- Block adverts that track you in Safari
- Safari auto-reader mode and better granular controls
- Mail top hits for accurate search and split screen to view multiple mails
- Pin urgent notes to the top
- Highlighted search work to make it easy to locate a word in the result, useful for long notes
- Siri gets natural voice and improved music playback
- Spotlight search now allows asking longer questions and track flight status
- Improved family and file sharing on iCloud
- Ability to save iMessage history in iCloud
- FaceTime with live photo capturing feature during vide call
- Universal clipboard to copy and paste between Macs
- Double-click the volume button on the touch bar to mute Mac’s audio, adjust volume and brightness
- New system font called San Francisco Arabic
- New High Sierra Wallpapers
Initial beta releases were followed by a series of pre-release seeds – including a GM release a few weeks ago – for developers and testers. Included in the leaked GM seed were the iOS 11 stock wallpapers.
macOS 10.13 High Sierra for Mac Releases, Download Now
Visually this update may not present a completely different picture to what’s already available on the macOS 10.12 Sierra, but if you delve a bit deeper into the desktop OS you will find plenty of useful new features and much needed changes in the functionality of the firmware. This update features advanced machine learning with tangible improvements for the end-user.
In short, it’s a solid update that offers compatibility with a large array of Mac hardware devices. macOS 10.13 High Sierra update is available as a free download from the Mac App Store. Make sure you have taken all precautions before installing macOS High Sierra update on your Mac in order to avoid errors and performance issues later.
To download the update, go to your Mac’s App Store, where you will find the new update under Updates tab in the Mac App Store screen or directly search for it in the store and hit the install button to start the update process.