Download iOS 11 Beta 5 update for compatible iPhone, iPad and Pod models. You can now download iOS 11 Beta 5 for iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, iPhone 6, 6S, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, SE, iPad and iPod. Also, see in the guide below how to install iOS 11 Beta 5 on iPhone, iPad & iPod (6th-generation). This update is available for those who are enrolled in Apple Developer Program. Members of Apple Developer Program with working Apple Developer Account / UDID are eligible to download and install latest iOS beta update on their devices. iOS 11 is the operating system from Apple for iPhone, iPod and iPad devices that is currently in the testing phase to spot and iron out bugs before the eventual full public release in September.
iOS 11 Beta 5 is latest testing version for the members of Apple’s beta program to try new features that Apple has planned for the upcoming full version of iOS 11 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. New features in iOS 11 bring drastic changes to the working of one of the most popular mobile platforms in the world. The iOS 11 Beta includes plenty of interesting changes to stock iOS applications as well as a completely revamped action bar along with other important fixes in the iOS 11 beta 5 update.
What’s New in iOS 11:
Apple is working on the next major iOS release, and is already in the process of testing features that might make their way into the final pubic release of the iOS 11 full version. You can get the taste of those upcoming features in this iOS 11 Beta 5 release by registering with the Apple’s beta program, see the guide below for it.
Here is a list of the main new features in iOS 11 as announced by Apple at the WWDC:
- Drag & Drop files between apps
- New dock with customization options
- Better and faster multitasking on iPad
- Redesigned app switcher
- Apple Pencil improvements for iPad
- Scan and Sign with Notes app
- Messages with iCloud Syncing support
- P2P Apple Pay payments with iMessages
- Redesigned Messages app drawer
- Machine learning and translation feature for Siri
- Improved Photos and Camera apps
- Big redesign of Control Center, Notification Center and Lock Screen
- One-handed keyboard
- Apple Maps with indoor mapping, lane guidance, and speed limit information
- Do Not Disturb (DnD) while driving with CarPlay
- HomeKit with AirPlay 2
- Apple Music social Sharing
- Completely revamped App Store interface
- & Much more…
iOS 11 Beta 5 Changelog:
Beside the above mentioned iOS 11 features, this iOS 11 beta 5 update brings plenty of new things for users to play around with. According to 9to5mac, here are the changes in this beta update:
- Minor changes to Settings and Camera app icon to increase contrast
- Horizontal lines removed from Camera icon
- Smaller icons in Weather app
- 3D Touching a Control Center icon that lacks an action simulates a tap
- New play/pause button in Control Center music controls
- New source icon in Control Center navigates straight to AirPlay options
- Now Playing Lock screen widget shows output, album, and artist
- Screen Recording status bar is red instead of blue
- Accessing Cover Sheet no longer scrolls up content you were browsing
- Spotlight Search stays on screen when scrolling through widgets
- New iPad multitasking splash screen
- New slide animation when accessing multitasking on iPad
- iMessages in iCloud removed temporarily
- Smart Invert no longer inverts Dock on home screen
- New Portrait mode splash page in Camera app (out of beta)
- Camera level for downward facing shots (when grid enabled)
- New FaceTime ring when making a call
- Updated SOS settings page
- Apps using location no longer appear in blue banner of shame in status bar
- Trusting computer now requires authentication
iOS 11 Beta 5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod build is for developers only to help Apple identify errors and bugs before integrating these changes into the final public version of the upcoming full iOS 11 major update. But if you don’t have an Apple Developer Account/UDID, don’t worry, because you can click on this link to learn how to install iOS 11 Beta 5 without developer account / UDID.
Before moving on to the guide for installing iOS 11 beta 5 update, see a list of all supported devices:
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
2017 iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
2017 iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
iPad Air 2
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Mini 4
iPad Mini 3
iPad Mini 2
iPad 4th generation
iPod Touch 6th generation
If your device is not listed above, i’m afraid you are out of luck because iOS 11 Beta 5 supports only the above mentioned devices. One other thing to note, Apple restricts/blocks some features for certain iOS devices, so don’t be alarmed if you’re unable to access some of the new iOS 11 features in this beta version on some supported devices – this happens mainly because of hardware limitations that certain functions are left out from access on older devices even though they are supported by the mobile software.
How to Download and Install iOS 11 Beta 5 on iPhone, iPad and iPod:
Step-by-step guide below is going to explain the process of installing iOS 11 beta 5 on iOS running devices. Keep in mind it’s a beta version, therefore, some errors and bugs are to be expected, since the whole purpose of beta version is to identify bugs before the final version release. So, download and install iOS 11 beta 5 on devices you have reserved for testing purposes. You can install this beta update on primary iPhone, iPad or iPod at you own discretion. Also, make a complete backup of your device on iTunes or iCloud before proceeding with the installation process.
How to download and Install iOS 11 Beta 5 on iPhone, iPad and iPod With Apple Developer Account / UDID
Step 1 – If you haven’t registered with App Developer Program, click here and enroll as Apple developer. Existing Apple developer program users can skip to the next step.
Step 2 – Login to your Apple Developer Program account with official Apple ID. Click here to login.
Step 3 – Register your device’s UDID on which you intend to install the beta upgrade. Here how to find UDID of your device:
- Connect your device with PC and open iTunes
- Select your device on iTunes
- Next click on the device serial number to see UDID and copy it
Step 4 – On your main Apple Developer Program account, click Certificated, Identifiers & Profiles. In devices section, click All devices and choose your device from the list.
A new panel window will open on the right side, click ‘+’, enter name and UDID of your iOS device.
Step 5 – Next, go to Develop > Download (click here for direct link). Choose your device from drop down list to download iTunes supported iOS 11 beta 4 firmware IPSW file on PC.
Note: Alternatively, you can download the beta version using OTA method. For that, open this link here, login, then click ‘Download’ option under iOS 11 beta 5 next to ‘Configuration Profile’ and install it on your device. Restart device. After reboot, your profile will be set. Now go to Settings > General > Software Update, wait until iOS 11 Beta 5 OTA update appears on the screen and hit download and install button.
Step 6 – Back on iTunes method, open iTunes, connect your device with PC Windows or Mac.
Step 7 – Install the downloaded iOS 11 beta 5 file. iTunes does not directly allow you to choose IPSW firmware file, so follow the instructions below:
- Mac Users: Press Alt key and click Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Windows Users: Press Shift key and click Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod
Step 8 – Wait for the iOS 11 beta 5 to install on your device.
Step 9 – Restart your device when the installation is complete. Next time your device turns back on, you will be greeted by latest iOS 11 beta 5 message.
That’s all. You can start rocking latest iOS 11 Beta 5 update with all new features and improvements on compatible iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, 5s, iPad and iPod.